Author & Journalist
About the instructor
Diane Clehane is a New York Times best-selling author and award-winning journalist who has reported on and written about the lives of some of the world’s most intriguing people for Vanity Fair, Forbes, People and many other national publications.
In her critically acclaimed 'Lunch' column for Adweek's Blog Network, she sits down with bold face names over lunch at Michael's restaurant in New York every week offering an insider's take on the lives and careers of celebrities.
Among the famous folks who have dined and dished with Diane: Dr. Oz, Downton Abbey's executive producer Gareth Neame, Outlander author Diana Gabaldon, Real Housewife Lisa Vanderpump, supermodel Naomi Campbell and Charles Spencer, brother of the late Princess Diana. A well respected commentator on popular culture and expert on Britain's royal family, she has been cited as an authority on a variety of topics in outlets including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, WWD and Harper's Bazaar.
A native New Yorker who grew up on Long Island, Diane received her degrees in journalism and sociology from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. She lives with her husband and daughter in Connecticut.
What Am I Going to Get From This Course?
- Detailed instructions on how to write and deliver an attention grabbing story.
- The skills to interview anyone about any subject.
- Tips on finessing the many different kinds of interviews.
- Lessons on the art of conversation and listening.
- Strategies for making your readers feel like they are part of the conversation.
Who Is the Target Audience?
- This course is intended for journalists, writers, authors and storytellers who are looking to advance their interviewing techniques and storytelling abilities.
Included in your purchase...
27 Videos that will help you master the art of storytelling!
- Lesson 1: The Art of the Conversation
- Lesson 2: Taking Notes
- Lesson 3: Dealing with Reps
- Lesson 4: The Various Types of Interviews and How to Finesse Them
- Lesson 5: Ice Breakers
- Lesson 6: The Art of Listening
- Lesson 7: Juggling the Balls – Even Jennifer Lopez Gets It!
- Lesson 8: Lessons for Working Moms from Anne Curry ...