Fran Hauser is a celebrated media executive, startup investor, best-selling author and speaker on women’s leadership. She's held senior positions at some of the world’s largest digital media businesses, including PEOPLE, InStyle, Entertainment Weekly and AOL. Now a startup investor who largely invests in female founders, Fran was named one of Business Insider's "30 Women In Venture Capital to Watch in 2018."
In her book, The Myth of the Nice Girl, Fran deconstructs the negative perception of "niceness" that many women struggle with in the business world. Hauser proves that women don’t have to sacrifice their values or hide their authentic personalities to be successful. Fran and The Myth of the Nice Girl have been featured on a wide range of outlets including NBC’s Today Show, CNBC, PEOPLE, Fortune, TIME, Fast Company, Oprah.com, Business Insider, Elle, and many more. The Myth of the Nice Girl was named Audible's Best Business Book of 2018 and one of Amazon's Best Business and Leadership Books of 2018, among other accolades.
What am I going to get from this course?
A number of personal anecdotes and time-tested strategies from Fran.
Ideas on how to be successful and develop meaningful relationships in business.
Advice for women on how to reclaim “nice” and sidestep regressive stereotypes about what a strong leader looks like.
An understanding of how to balance being empathetic with being decisive.
How to cultivate authentic confidence that projects throughout a room.
The top practices from The Myth of the Nice Girl, based on reader feedback, and how to apply them in your life.
What are the top practices from "The Myth of the Nice Girl" that will be addressed in the course?
Use Your Empathy Strategically
See Feedback As a Gift
Cultivate Evidence-Based Confidence
Ask For More
The 60% Rule
It’s Ok to Say No
Sorry Not Sorry
Pay It Forward
Who should take this course?
Professionals who know what they want and are looking for real advice to take their career to the next level.
Those eager to enhance their role in the workplace, whether it be standing up with more confidence, or asking for a salary increase.
Women who struggle when it comes to saying “No” and want suggestions on how to set boundaries.
People who want to set goals and have a higher level mission.
Leaders who want to contribute to a healthier and more productive workplace.
- Course Introduction: Fran Hauser
- Lesson 1: The Myth
- Lesson 2: Meet the Nice Girl
- Lesson 3: Chapter 1 - Nice Girl Tools
- Lesson 1: Empathy as a Tool
- Lesson 2: See Feedback as a Gift
- Lesson 3: How to Give Empathetic Feedback
- Lesson 4: Chapter 2 - Nice Girl Tools
- Lesson 1: The Importance of Speaking Up
- Lesson 2: Speak Up Strategies!
- Lesson 3: Cultivating Evidence-Based Confidence
- Lesson 4: Chapter 3 - Nice Girl Tools
- Lesson 1: Why and How to Ask for More
- Lesson 2: Techniques
- Lesson 3: How Amy Got A Salary Increase
- Lesson 4: Own Your Qualifications – the 60/40 Rule
- Lesson 5: Chapter 4 - Nice Girl Tools
- Lesson 1: Say Yes to the Things That Matter!
- Lesson 2: Create Your Own Four Square Model Template
- Lesson 3: How to Say No!
- Lesson 4: The Sweet Spot Between Yes & No
- Lesson 5: Sorry Not Sorry
- Lesson 6: Speech Weakeners
- Lesson 7: Chapter 5 - Nice Girl Tools
- Lesson 1: Prioritize Networking and Know Your Why
- Lesson 2: How to Network for Results
- Lesson 3: My Favorite Ice Breakers
- Lesson 4: Chapter 6 - Nice Girl Tools
- Lesson 1: Four Tips to Pay it Forward
- Lesson 2: Closing Thoughts
- Lesson 3: Chapter 7 - Nice Girl Tools
- Lesson 1: The Nice Girl Tools - Download All
- Lesson 2: Resources – Fran’s Book, Website, Social Media