Melinda F. Emerson, SmallBizLady, is America’s #1 Small Business Expert. She has been a thriving entrepreneur for nearly 20 years and is an internationally known keynote speaker and expert on small business development and social media marketing. Her small business advice is widely read reaching more than 3 million entrepreneurs each week. As a former columnist for The New York Times, and Entrepreneur, Melinda is also frequently quoted by other media organizations including: The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Fast Company, CNBC, MSNBC and Fox News. Forbes magazine named her one of Top 10 Tech and Business Experts for 2017. She is a contributor to Inc., Essence and Black Enterprise. She is an expert on what it takes the start a successful small business, go-to-market strategy, and social media selling. Melinda is the bestselling author of Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months, 2nd Edition and the eBook How to Become a Social Media Ninja, and her latest book Fix Your Business
What will I get from this course?
In this course, Melinda shares golden nuggets of advice essential to starting or growing your business. You will garner insights into what to do and what not to do, at a fraction of the price of Melinda’s intensive training programs and consulting services. In this course you will learn the essentials to starting your own business. If you are interested in buying a business or franchise or want to start a small business on the internet, Melinda will help you with the evaluation process in order to make the right decision. She also coaches you on how to pay for your business and how to set realistic expectations and goals. The course will outline the essentials to becoming a successful entrepreneur, based upon Melinda’s 20+ years of experience as America’s SmallBizLady. Melinda will deep dive into crafting your marketing strategy and writing your business plan as a tool for success. Finally, Melinda shares exciting and surprising tips on how to launch successfully while you may still be juggling the balls with other jobs or responsibilities.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Anyone interested in starting their own business.
- Anyone interested in growing their existing business
- Anyone interested in purchasing a small business.
- Those interested in refining their marketing and business plans for an existing business
- Small business leaders looking for help with strategy and commitments
- Those entrepreneurs who are ready to take the leap and build a successful small business.
- Anyone currently working another job and considering branching out on their own.
- Lesson 1: The Small Business Landscape – Astounding
- Lesson 2: My Story
- Lesson 3: What Do You Need to Get Started in Business?
- Lesson 4: Check Sheet for Starting Your Own Business - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: Partner and Family Buy-in
- Lesson 2: Must Haves - Good Habits: Your Kitchen Cabinet of Advisors
- Lesson 3: Develop Your Kitchen Cabinet of Advisors - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 4: Creating Your Kitchen Cabinet of Advisors - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: Buying an Existing Business & Internet Businesses
- Lesson 2: Sell What You Know & What You Love!
- Lesson 3: Franchise Businesses
- Lesson 4: How to Evaluate Your Business Idea?
- Lesson 1: Your Key Considerations
- Lesson 2: 10 Questions Before Becoming a Boss - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 3: Are You Fit to Work From Home? - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: Your Three Piles of Money
- Lesson 2: What are Your Sources of Funds?
- Lesson 3: Calculating Your Net Worth
- Lesson 4: How Can You Eliminate Debt and save More Money?
- Lesson 5: Three Methods for Beating Down Your Bills & Debt
- Lesson 6: How Will You Pay for Your Dream Business? - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 7: Your Financial Plan - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: What Are the Elements of a Business?
- Lesson 2: Entrepreneurial Skills
- Lesson 3: Applying the Entrepreneurial Skills to Yourself - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 4: What is Your Vision For Your New Life? - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 5: Doing It All - Jobs Within Your Job as An Entrepreneur!
- Lesson 1: Developing Your Marketing Plan
- Lesson 2: The 5 Ps - Product & Price
- Lesson 3: The 5 Ps - Placement & Promotion
- Lesson 4: The Missing P - Profit
- Lesson 5: The 5Ps Worksheet - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 6: Developing the Marketing Plan Checklist - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 7: The Five F’s Worksheet - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: Business Plan Tools
- Lesson 2: Business Plan Tools - Links & Ideas!
- Lesson 1: Start Your Business as a Side Hustle, First
- Lesson 2: Final Thoughts
- Lesson 3: A Note from Melinda
- Lesson 4: Bonus - Technology You’ll Need to Get Started
- Lesson 5: Melinda's Business Resources - Downloadable PDF